Rolling steel fire-rated counter shutters meet the demands of applications that require a pleasing appearance combined with certified and labeled fire protection for your property. Designed to provide lift-up operation that is extremely easy to test and does not require tools to reset the mechanism. The operation is quiet and smooth functionality.
Rolling steel fire-rated counter shutters have a 3/4, 1 1/2, or 3-hour label rating for masonry or steel jambs (minimum 3/16). They are also available in 1 1/2 hour rating for non-masonry walls with 16-gauge steel or wood studs.
Rolling steel fire-rated counter shutter can be drop tested easily and reset in a matter of seconds at any time; no tools or service technicians are required. This can be done in addition to the doors required annual inspection by a trained door systems technician. By self-testing throughout the year, facility personnel can be even more confident that their door will function safely in the event of fire.
Approval/Standard Compliances include:
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 10(b) Approval
- Factory Mutual (FM) Approved Standard 4100 (1990)
Designed to comply with governing standard for installation defined in NFPA 80 (2010)
- Automatic closure in case of fire, but operable for daily use.
- Easily tested and reset.
- Governor-controlled, safe closing operator speed (over 3wide or 3 high).
- Trimline curtain design in galvanize (540) or stainless steel (550).
- Lift-up,Crank,andMotor(includingTubeMotor) operating options.
- Sealed box-type guides, upward expandable, for snug fit against counter top.
- Mounted against face-of-wall or between-jambs for all operation types.
- Single fusible link cable routing. Available with left-hand or right-hand operation.