Rolling Grilles offer total security, visibility, and ventilation in a number of patterns and finishes for commercial, industrial, retail, and institutional applications. Grilles are available in steel, aluminum, or stainless steel to meet any need.
Rolling Grilles are designed to maximize security, visibility, and ventilation. The durable construction technique used ensures that the grilles will offer many years of reliable and consistent performance.
Materials & Construction
- Standard features include 5/16″ galvanized steel horizontal rods, continuous from jamb to jamb, and covered with aluminum tubes. Vertical links are aluminum. End links ensure that the grille cannot be pulled from guides. The bottom bar is a tubular aluminum extrusion, fitted with nylon end caps which act as bearing surfaces.
- Optional cylinder lock assembly in bottom bar activates concealed 3/8″” steel tamperproof lock rods. Lock uses standard mortise cylinder, and is available with an optional removable core.
- Center locks are available up to 25′ wide.
- Aluminum grille patterns are available in clear, mill, or bronze anodized finishes. Optional materials are #304 finished stainless steel and galvanized steel. A powder coat finish is available in 180 colors.
- Operation can be manual push-up, chain, crank, or motor-operated. Door mounting can be self-supporting, using structural tubes, or directly to the building structure.
- Counterbalance assembly consists of a spring barrel which serves as a load-carrying beam. It encases the counterbalance mechanism and provides the axis around which the curtain coils.
- Oil-tempered, torsion-type counterbalance springs are wound from heat-treated steel, providing accuracy in balancing the door. Barrel plugs connect ends of springs to barrel and tension rod.
- Tension rod of steel shafting holds fixed ends of springs and carries torsional load of spring counterbalance.
- Spring tension adjusting wheel is normally mounted outside the bracket on end of tension rod. Inside adjusting wheel for tight side-room applications is available in limited sizes. Optional hood cover encloses curtain coil and counterbalance mechanism and is made to match the grille finish.